Wage & Pay Grade: $21.42/hour
Date Posted: February 22, 2021
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
We are looking for hard-working and motivated individuals to join our PNE Box Office Team and work under the direction of the Ticketing Manager.
The PNE’s Ticket Leader Box Office offers premier ticketing services for concert promoters, bands, professional sports teams, arenas and other venues. The Box Office Supervisor will oversee all operations of the Box Office, and supervise and support the Box Office Agents. If you have a passion for the events industry and enjoying providing excellent guest experiences than this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Health and wellness employee events – put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening out with your favorite colleagues
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- On-site fitness center
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as a Box Office Supervisor, your primary accountabilities will be:
- Supervisor on duty for various events located at the PNE and the Greater Vancouver Area ensuring that all Box Office operations run smoothly and according to standard
- Responsible for supervising and supporting agents at events and troubleshooting any ticketing issues that arise
- Oversee the Call Center staff and assist with answering phones and emails on non-event days
- Work closely with Group Sales representatives on the integration of group programs into the call center
- Respond to guests on all social media platforms to maintain an excellent level of guest experience
- Resolve any patron issues that escalate in a professional and polite manner
- Ensuring secure cash deposits at end of shift
- Monitor ticket booth crowds and take appropriate action as required
- Responsible for allocation of floats, skims, and ticket stock during events
- Ensure that all Ticket Office staff are working in a clean and safe environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have successful completion of Grade 12
- Must have 1-2 years previous supervisory experience
- Minimum two years cash handling experience required
- Previous experience handling cash, credit & debit cards, balancing documents, and performing various accounting duties
- Previous experience working with event ticketing software is mandatory
- Background with guest service/ customer relations is required
- Box Office experience is considered a definite asset
- Must be proficient with utilizing MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be capable of reading, writing and speaking English for the purposes of written or oral instructions, timesheets and documentation of work
- Must be physically capable of walking and standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while maintaining a friendly attitude
- Must be available to work varying shifts, evening and weekends required
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Who are you?
- Excellent guest service skills
- Skillful communicator
- Strong time-management skills
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Sunday, March 22. We look forward to hearing from you!