Date Posted: February 22, 2021
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110-year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $58 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
The People & Culture Generalist will provide support in areas ranging from recruitment, employee engagement, training and development and labor relations. This role will be heavily recruitment focused during the spring/summer months with oversight of the PNE’s mass recruitment needs. Reporting to the Manager, People & Culture, the People & Culture Generalist is an integral part of the team, supporting a diverse and exciting number of people focused initiatives.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Be a part of the growth of one of Vancouver’s most iconic institutions
- Join a diverse, passionate and enthusiastic team
What will you do this year?
- Perform full cycle recruitment for a variety of job vacancies, including screening and interviewing candidates for entry level, professional and technical job openings at all levels of the organization.
- Assist with seasonal and fair-time recruitment and on boarding of approximately 1300 frontline staff.
- Oversee various seasonal and year-round recognition and employee engagement programs and initiatives including: years of service, health & wellness, contra, employee events and retirements.
- Optimize the HRIS and ATS software for effective use within the department and across the organization.
- Assist Manager, Human Resources with labour relations issues including but not limited, to developing and compiling documentation, and reviewing employee personnel files.
- Support the Coordinator, People & Culture with various tasks and initiatives related to recruitment, recognition, employee engagement and general administrative duties.
- Lead People & Culture’s sub-department, Employee Services by coordinating department staffing and employee uniform distribution.
- Assist with the PNE’s engagement strategy through the creation and distribution of engagement surveys and analysis of survey data.
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching on various staffing matters; including guidance on the application of PNE policies and procedures, legislation, employment law and general practices to promote a productive and respectful workplace.
- Develop and lead various Training and Development initiatives across the organization ranging from seasonal management training presentations to creating training modules on the corporate learning management system.
- Update and create new PNE policies and procedures as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in Business or Human Resources; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of Human Resources experience; including experience in recruitment, training and development and/or employee engagement.
- Knowledge of human resource practices, collective agreement administration and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers, employees, and union representatives.
- Willing to go above and beyond, is a team player and exudes positivity.
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical and administrative skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Strong verbal communication and business writing skills required.
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Skillful communicator
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Sunday, March 14, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!