Date Posted: March 3, 2021
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 110-year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of approximately $58 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
The Business Development Manager, Corporate Partnerships reports to the Director, Marketing and is a key member of the PNE’s Sales, Marketing and Business Development Department. This department is comprised of hardworking and motivated team members with a passion for the events industry and altogether oversees the organization’s marketing, partnerships, group sales, facility sales, business development and TicketLeader. The Business Development Manager, Corporate Partnerships will take on account management, sales and leadership responsibilities to develop and maintain strong corporate partnerships for the organization. As a dedicated champion for our partners, they will oversee the entire partnership experience from prospecting to delivery and leverage all PNE products and services to meet significant revenue targets.
Why join our Sales & Marketing Team?
- Inspires an exhilarating and fun-loving workplace
- Supports a flexible work environment
- Innovates in both concept and process
- Thrives in a fast paced sales & marketing environment
- Supports creativity, idea generation and innovation
- Collaborates across all departments in a positive and proactive way
- Supports the growth of one of Vancouver’s most iconic institutions
- Belongs to one of BC’s top 10 most loved brands – BC Business 2020
What will you do this year?
The Business Development Manager, Corporate Partnerships role is made up of approximately 20% account management activities, 70% new sales activities and 10% in leadership & administration duties. The duties include but are not limited to:
In conjunction with the full account management team maintain the PNE account management standard operating principles to elevate business results and optimize processes and technology.
- Ensures positive and collaborative partner account management principles are maintained with all key accounts while nurturing and growing all partner opportunities.
- Maintains strong relationships with industry partners, key market clients and suppliers.
- Works with Manager, Sales & Marketing to identify ways of growing volume, revenue and loyalty of each account.
- Ensures timely delivery of proposals, contracts and post event wrap up with clients.
- Identifies opportunities to upsell during initial contract negotiations, with a focus on contract renewals post-event.
- Liaises with partners from contract through to delivery to ensure partnership objectives are met.
- Provides support and direction to the PNE departments engaged with each partnership.
- Represents partners’ interests while delivering the company’s business objectives and minimizing risk.
In conjunction with the Manager, Sales & Marketing, develop and deliver the sales activities that will elevate business results for corporate partnerships.
- Identifies and acquire new business opportunities in key markets through sales activities that include but are not limited to developing and managing the sales pipeline with daily sales lead generation, sales research, cold calling, presentations and active representation in the industry.
- In conjunction with marketing, develops, implements and measures custom sales campaigns to generate new business in corporate partnerships.
- Develops partnership proposals based on opportunities and interests; negotiates sponsor benefits and facilitates contracts based on PNE Standard Valuation best practices.
- Explores creative revenue generating opportunities and collaborates with internal departments to develop effective business cases.
- Monitors trends and market activities to assess sales opportunities and barriers.
Leadership & Administration
Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing Team to inspire and maximize the teams’ potential and productivity through optimization of processes and technology.
- Models the PNE’s core values and adopts the “don’t put the CART (Communication, Accountability, Respect and Trust) before the event” mentality with all team members.
- Promotes a sales & marketing culture across the organization and encourage cross selling of all PNE events and business channels.
- Utilizes standardized business processes, policies, guidelines, and tools to manage relationships with corporate partners.
- Ensures all corporate planning timelines are met respectively and diligently including contracts, budgets, reporting and standard operating procedures.
- Ensures timely and effective communication with internal departments, external organization and key stakeholders.
- Enjoys what you do and how you do it.
What we are looking for?
- Must have at least 5 years of sales experience with a strong understanding of sales fundamentals. Including, cold calling, prospecting, and discovery.
- Must have at least 2 years of previous experience in the corporate partnership and/or sponsorship industry.
- Proven experience facilitating strategic and creative sales and marketing conversations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to represent an external company’s brand and balance their objectives with the PNE’s objectives.
- An advocate for change that inspires innovation while respecting traditions and experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of marketing principles and strategies.
- Previous experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting sales and marketing data.
- Must possess strong salesmanship abilities to build rapport with target audiences and to strengthen the company’s reputation.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills with a keen sense of critical thinking and conflict resolution.
- Ability to have fun and multi-task in a high pressure environment.
- Must be available to work events, including, evening, weekends & holidays when required.
Who are you?
- A strategic business partner
- A positive team player
- An effective and skillful communicator
- Creative and adaptable
- A change agent
- You enjoy what you do and how you do it!
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled. We look forward to hearing from you!