Wage: $25.10/hour (PG130) plus 10% in lieu of benefits and vacation
Date posted: May 26, 2023
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 113 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of over $70 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair and winter Fair which average more than 700,000 people annually, Playland amusement park which welcomes 400,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, and a busy year-round portfolio of events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. In total we bring over 2 million people through the site each year. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and delivering memorable experiences.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
We are seeking an organized and hardworking individual that has a passion for Administration, the Events industry and the Pacific National Exhibition. The Administrative Clerk will work under the direction of the Manager, Fair and Festival Operations and provide general administrative support for our Fair and Festival Operations department.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as an Administrative Clerk — Fair and Festival Operations, your primary accountabilities will be to:
- Provide general administrative support for the Fair and Festival Operations department.
- Provide administrative services to the department including word-processing, spreadsheets, filing, record keeping, data entry and mail distribution.
- Process information for payroll purposes, including time entry and Employee Information Forms (EIRs).
- Provide general reception services such as answering inquiries by telephone, email and in person.
- Assist in collecting and verifying external vendor information for purposes of Exhibit Space contracts for the PNE Fair and PNE Winter Fair
- Create and maintain excel databases as directed.
- Arrange material and prepare reports in appropriate formats and methods of presentation.
- Take, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings as directed.
- Prepare and send invoices for External Vendor contracts, coordinate payment and department journaling for service vendor invoices.
- Ensures common areas are maintained including office equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have successful completion of Grade 12, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-secondary course work in office, computer and purchasing skills are considered an asset.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with computer applications including but not limited to MS Office Suite; with a minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute.
- Must be proficient with computer applications and programs, with the ability to administer new or changing software applications.
- Must have 2-3 years of work experience within an administrative capacity and/or reception and office services.
- Must have strong customer service skills and a pleasant manner for assisting clients on the phone and in person.
- Must have a keen attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be capable of understanding and executing written and oral instructions in English.
- Ability to function with some independence and under pressure; and ability to meet multiple service demands at the same time.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters and use discretion.
- Flexibility to easily accept changing priorities and tasks as delegated.
- Must be able and willing to work four days/week from April – January with a start time as early as 8:00 am; and flexibility to work various shifts (evenings, weekends, and holidays) depending on operational needs.
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Who are you?
- Skillful communicator
- Detail oriented
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The PNE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse community we proudly serve. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or age. If you require any support or accommodations throughout any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the People & Culture Department at email@example.com.